If you are interested in voiceover, singing or instrument recording, AKG should ring a bell as it is one of the most known brands among microphone manufacturers. The AKG C214 features the same Capsule as the higher end models but lacks some of the features like multi-pattern and more settings. This means, if you do not rely on those features you can get a top-notch microphone for relatively little money! I am showing you what comes with the microphone and compare it to an inexpensive microphone. No EQ or other sound adjustments except normalizing the tracks to the same loudness and some compression only affecting the proximity test parts for you not to have your ears blown out.
- AKG’s legendary 1“ edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Sonic equivalent to the AKG C414
- Incredible 143dB dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL)
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Legendary sound
- Roadworthy construction
- Engineered Excellence – Built in Vienna, Austria